Hello fellow foodies
It’s been a long long while since I posted a food post. I’ve been shifting around and frankly haven’t gotten much time to cook, or to put it more bluntly experiment in the kitchen.
This is one of easiest and might i add yummiest recipes. Its become a favourite and I’ve already tried it a few times.
Baked chicken with a hint of mint
Preparation time: 15 mins (+ 1hour for marinating)
What you need :
Bell peppers 3
Salt and pepper
Mint, about a handful
Greek yogurt or hung yogurt
Chicken, boneless, about 300gms
Steps to follow
1. We start by marinating the chicken in a dish with olive oil, salt and pepper. For better marination might I suggest making small incisions and filling them with olive oil, salt and pepper.
2. Chop 2-3 bell peppers log and thin, remove all seeds.
3. Chop a handful of mint leaves and 4/5garlic cloves, blend them well along with a little water. Now add this to the Greek yogurt (about 5 tablespoons) , add salt and keep aside for now.
4. After marinating it for an hour or so, tranfer chicekn into microwave safe dish and add the bell peppers. Spray some olive oil and bake for 5-8 mins (my microwave works on 720 degrees). Take longer if need be, but make sure the chicken is not too dry.
5. Lastly add the minty greek yogurt on top. Garnish with cheese. And voilà! Enjoy a healthy and low fat meal.
Let me know what you think in the comments below. Try this out and let me know how it turned out.
Much love ❤ The Carnelian Cloak