Long gone are the days when only book worms were expected to hide behind those thick frames and anyone with specs was a “geek”. Come 2014 and glasses are the hottest new accessory in town. Cat eyed. Leopard Print. Way Farers.
Here are my favorite geeks from on and off the screen.
1. Sophia Bush, who also plays the fabulous Brooke Davis in the series One Tree Hill (also one of my favorites)
2. Deepika Padukone. Sported the look in “yeh jawani hai diwani” and Vogue’s new campaign.
3. Meryl Streep. Definitely the hottest devil we’ve ever seen.
4. Reese Witherspoon, in This means war. Now we know why Chris Pine and Tom Hardy fought over her, don’t we.
5. Clemence Poesy, who plays Fleur Delacour in the Harry Potter series looks amazing behind these frames.
6. Sarah Jessica Parker. Who can forget Carrie Bradshaw, the uber cool writer from NYC!?
7. The New Girl, Zooey Deschanel. She does vintage and cat glasses like no other. We just love Ms. Day’s frames!
So who’s heading to the nearest optical store??