Hey you guys!
My midweek cravings are off the charts here and so I’m indulging in my new favourite, the healthy, low fat red sauce pasta.
Making pasta at home is so much better than eating out for so many reasons. Here’s the recipe
Homemade Red Sauce Pasta
Serves : 2/3
Time to prepare : 30 mins
What you will need
Pasta of your choice(Preferably whole wheat pasta) 300gms
Tomatoes – 3 medium sized
Onions – 2 medium sized
Garlic – 6/8 bulbs
Salt pepper and spices to taste
Salsa sauce and ketchup
Steps to follow
1. We start by boiling the pasta in a deep dish. Boil till its tender from the inside, yet firm.
2. Strain out the water and run it under cold water and keep aside.
3. Chop tomatoes and puree them in a mixer/grinder.
4. Next we chop onions and garlic to fine pieces.
5. Heat a wok of an appropriate size and add two spoons of olive oil. Add the onions and garlic. Cook on slow flame till onions are translucent.
6. Add tomato puree and mix well. Add salt, pepper and spices that you wish. ( I added a little rosemary along with fresh ground pepper). Mix well. Lastly add a little ketchup, salsa sauce and/or chilli.
7. Finally you can add the pasta to this sauce and cook for about 10 mins on low flame.
And voilà! You have your red sauce pasta.
For sides I also prepared a broccoli salad. If any of you would like to make your dinner a little more green here is the recipe for that.
It’s very easy, you simply boil the broccoli in salted water for about 2 mins and add salt and Pepper and toss.
This is such a healthy alternative to eating out. The fact that it’s whole wheat and cooked in olive oil adds to the low fat factor. Minimise your use of sauces with preservatives as well. Home made sauce with tomatoes and spices is preferred.
So dig in!!
Love ❤The Carnelian Cloak